Monday, February 13, 2017

Peek-a-boo

Yesterday evening, we went to a youth group outing at an entertainment center. It was quite a sensory overload for a young pup, but she did well the first hour. Lights, noises, tons of people, bowling alley, you name it. She did very well, but I took her to the car with me to wait after the hour was up. It was a lot to ask of her to stay any longer. Her cue was that she barked, which she has never done before in public.

While there, however, I encountered an interesting dilemma. I had to go to the bathroom and William was bowling. I'll take the dog with me, I thought to myself, and use the family restroom. Of course, that was "occupied". Heading into the ladies' room, my next stroke of brilliance is that I would use a handicapped stall which has more room. What I didn't anticipate is that Murphy would try to look under the stall to the next stall to to visit with the person next door! Next time, I think I'll wait for the family bathroom until she is more fully trained.
Alerts: Last night, William had a pod (pump) change right before bed. They sometimes cause BGs to rise if the pump site was going bad (not delivering insulin well). He added a bucket of insulin and went to sleep. I stayed up, making sure not too much. When I went in to check, Murphs practically cried! "Finally," she whined. She was alerting to the high, but because the door was shut, could not come get me. (This is to keep her from wandering in the night.) I showed her that I was fixing it, gave her a taste of peanut butter, and she went back to sleep. Note that normally, she sleeps through the night and only lifts her head when I come in to check him. Good alert, Murphy!

No comments:

Post a Comment