Friday, December 2, 2016

Getting Ready

We received an update on breeding schedule of Wildrose Kennels. Once your puppy is ready, a happy call is made to the prospective owners giving the date of "puppy picking" and a class to get the puppy and owner off to a good start. There was only one weekend in all of winter that we could not come, committed and wanting to be at the wedding of a couple dear to my heart. The call came: that was the weekend our puppy was ready. Murphy's Law strikes!

We could "pass" and be put on the next litter or the next time a black female puppy was available, but this puppy would be sired out of Deke. I'd been watching their website and Deke, well, he is a great dog aside from the fact I did not want to wait any longer. 

Missing the puppy picking class is no big deal as we are fourth in line in choosing of four, meaning we don't get to choose. So, we arranged to fly, after that weekend, the 12 hours from the wedding to Memphis and drive the remaining 1.5 hours to Mississippi. With a new puppy, we will drive the seven hours home. This seems to be a fortuitous thing in the end - saving me seven hours of driving. See, Murphy's Law can be a good thing.


This crate was purchased for the way home. I know, there is a good chance she'll chew it up if left alone, but I plan to use this just when traveling and we are with her. I have a hard crate at home. This folds completely up into a carrying case and fits the airline requirements for baggage. Check back later for reviews and whether or not it worked. It fits up to 50 pounds, although look at Daisy, who weighs 50 pounds, standing next to it. If it lasts until she is six months, I think I'll be happy with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment